JULIA KIECKHAEFER - MY BRILLIANT NIECE

My niece is receiving her PhD
Julia Kieckhaefer

NO DANCES NEXT WEEK 'cuz my mother and I are heading out to Philadelphia to attend my niece's thesis defense for her PhD in cell and molecular biology. She's 30 years old and has seemingly been in school all her life - so this is a big deal!

She and my mother are the two brains in this family (two doctorates,) while the rest of us are mere artists and musicians.

The ceremony will be a week from today (March 1.) Julia writes:


"The defense consists of two parts: the public presentation of my research, which lasts approximately one hour; and the QA session with just my committee, which also lasts about an hour. Then, my committee will decide if I have proven to them that I'm qualified to receive a PhD . . . .
 

While I am defending, everyone else will be kicked out. They will go and drink coffee and wander around the building and look at the Philadelphia skyline. After that, we will have a reception in another conference room and have fancy food and drinks."


All family members will be converging on Philly for this very monumental moment in Julia's life.


Way to go Juju - you've come a long ways! Love you!

Comments

Popular Posts