A WORD ON COVER CHARGES

 
I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR MOST OF THE LOCAL BANDS when I say that we musicians love to play music, and some of us would be crazy enough to do it even if we didn't get paid.

That being said, the reality is that we musicians have considerable expenses, e.g., travel, equipment, maintenance, promotion, etc. that need to be covered - not to mention a few of us are actually full-time.

Memory Brothers' fans are truly the best, and they are, by in large, a "mature" and slightly conservative group. Therefore clubs typically don't see a lot of activity at their bars from our followers. So in certain instances, we need to occasionally implement a cover charge in order to "cover" the club's expense for providing live entertainment.

I want you to know that we confer long and hard with the venues about such charges, and we try to fine-tune them so we're not excessively pulling at the public's purse strings.

We've recently started a $5 cover for our Tuesday-night dances in Mabel, Minnesota; and I've not heard one negative remark. In fact I've received approximately a dozen emails from regular attendees expressing their support. And I might add that in the three or four weeks since the cover charge has been in effect, the attendance has been up!

So I'd just like to say "Thank you for understanding. And thank you for your continued support!"
 
Doug Koempel | Memory Brothers

Thursday, September 14, 2017
   

Comments

Popular Posts